Transmit errors

Has anyone experienced transmit errors because of entering CERB repayments in box 23210 on the tax return as instructed by Service Canada instead of box 23200. Is it a CRA problem or TAXCYCLE?

1 Like

I have had no problem and I have had quite a few returns with the CERB repayment on line 23210.

I had an issue with how to enter the information. I called TaxCycle and someone walked me through how to post it and the file was sent and I had no issues.

I have the same problem. I overwrote 23200 and put it in 23210 but that didn’t work. Gives me a message that one of the boxes can’t be less than some other box. Sorry forgot the numbers. Not sure how to fix that.

1 Like

I’m having this exact problem now. Ugh!

My question is, how are you folks dealing with this? My client never received a T4A with the $2,000 on it but did receive a $2,000 repayment on a T4E Other Information Box 26 & 30

-Do I leave it on 23200 where TaxCycle wants it to go?
-Do I override 23200 to 0 and enter it on 23210 as suggested by CRA?
-Do I leave it on 23200 and also enter on 23210?

Thanks for your help in this matter, greatly appreciated

If you have access you can check 2020 tax slips.
I would then adjust his 2020 return by adding the $2,000.
You then have to determine which year you want to use the deduction for the repayment.

In 2022 make sure that on the T4E slip you add the $2,000 under box 30 as “Repayment of 2020 CERB - see Service Canada Letter”.
Then in the “Deductions” Tab under Line 23210 fill in the appropriate year where you are claiming the repayment.

If you don’t fill in the amount in the T4E and you manually overwrite the line 23210 CRA will reject the return.

1 Like

I only had one client file this year requiring the use of Line 23210 as directed by a Service Canada letter.
In this client’s case, on the TaxCycle T4E entry tab, I moved the T4E Line #30 entry to the next lower line, “Repayment of 2022 CERB - see Service Canada letter” line. This automatically moved the amount from Line 23200 to Line 23210. I had no problems with e-file - it was submitted flawlessly (April 23rd so just 2 days ago).

Here’s a snippet from the T4E entry form in TaxCycle:

3 Likes

Thank you @kozakworld worked perfectly. Now if I could get their 16 year old’s 1st return to e-file would be awesome :slight_smile:

@tome, glad my message was helpful in resolving the Cerb issue.

As for the 16 yr old’s return is not being accepted, perhaps the client’s name is entered differently than how CRA has it spelled. Look at the parents CCB benefits statements to check the spelling of the child’s name and make sure it’s entered in the same fashion on the tax return. Also verify that the birthdate is accurate and matches what CRA has on file. At 16, this is probably the child’s 1st tax return, so on the Info Tab in TaxCycle, make sure to check the box at the bottom of the screen that “the client is filing for the first time in 2022”, although I’m not sure if that checkbox actually makes a difference to whether the return is accepted or rejected.