Taxfolder vs Docusign

Hi there,

Trying to decide if we should Docusign or Taxfolder for the next season. We haven’t had any issues with Docusign, but they have these limits that don’t make any sense. What do you use? Anyone switched to the Taxfolder? If so, did everything go okay or did you have any problems?

Any advices/tips will be appreciated.

Thanks

I have used Client Track for last couple of years and like the simplicity of it. Also, extremely affordable for my small one person office.

Tried to be in Taxfolder guinea pig group but very quickly was lost in the technical whatever to setup… so I left it and went to a very straight forward system. No, it does not update status for me in TC but in my small business, I don’t require that feature.

I review all emails, signatures, etc… myself and use the checkoff system in Client Track to help keep me straight. I still have an excel spreadsheet and a manual scribbler as my backups. I am one person… no one to remind me that I forgot something :blush:

There are enough products out there, you should be able to find a solution that fits your unique situation.

1 Like

We use Citrix Sharefile (portal) and RightSignature (e-signing). We love it. Easy to use, price based on number of employees with, otherwise, unlimited everything (GB of storage, e-signature, clients, etc.).

I would double check what @fabien noted about Citrix. We’ve used them since 2012. In 2021 we ran into a snag during tax season as we were informed that we have 3 users and the RightSignatures are limited to 100 per month per user and unused signatures do not carry over. We had to update to 15 users for one month, which was not a simple process, lots of red tape and then it took months and I had to contact them numerous times to get it back down to 5. We then found out they would not switch us to 15 users for 1 month, we had to buy an annual at the number of signatures we need for April.

We then decided to go with TaxFolder when we switched to TaxCycle. We still have a few users on RightSignature as we have not fully converted to TaxFolder. I will say the integrations with TaxCycle are nice.

That’s fair enough @teresas. We don’t have such a high volume of clients, so we never ran into issues with monthly limits with our number of users.

1 Like

Hello,

I have been using e-courier.ca for sending and receiving documents securely for years and have been using their electronic signature solution since it came out and I really like it. It is completely Canadian and the electronic signature is much easier to use than the other solutions out there with no limit on the signatures and cheaper.

1 Like