Tax Folder 2020

On the TaxFolder page there is indication that clients can send different docs. Although I’m not sure about limitations.

Taxfolder. I have not used adobe sign since it is not integrated into taxcycle

Well based on what I’ve discovered, I’m no longer using Adobe Sign.
We’re getting close to tax season ( I guess you could say we’re there already).
Been a client of E-Courier for many seasons and this year they’re coming out with an e-sign addon.
The additional cost is $200 for 1 user, but I haven’t seen a demo yet. They claim unlimited (for now).
Just trying to establish the most cost effective for my size of office being a sole proprietor.
Mind you, TaxFolder integration with TaxCycle is very attractive.

Yes, the client will be able to securely send you other types of documents (ie excel) from their client portal in TaxFolder.

1 Like

yes, I saw the deal from E-courier as well; however, i will use Taxfolder despite the higher cost for the following reasons;

First, both products are new so I expect to see some first year issues and based on history with taxcycle, I suspect that they will be dealt with quickly. Second, taxfolder is more than just a e-signature program and will actually keep client data organized, E-courier throw everything into one place however, it appears they are going to try and clean it up a little bit. and lastly the integration with Taxcycle saves me time and will more than make up for the extra cost.

1 Like

I agree with you re: Taxcycle & TaxFolder integration and time saving benefits vs. cost.
Indeed, TaxCycle’s support reputation is top-of-the-line, by far.
But as an E-Courier client for many years, I must admit I never had any issue/concern that were not addressed effectively and in a timely manner.
Over the years, most of my clients (after many instruction sessions) are now comfortable using it and I hate the thought of getting them to learn/use something different.
As mentioned here before, a large % of my clients are not computer savvy; some barely know basic email navigation.
I guess its different if your clientele are mainly office personnel/professional type.

P.S. Not that I want to turn this into a product/service competition post, but:

Re: Adobe Sign - If you password protect your document, the emailed confirmations will keep the document(s) secure. The issue is keeping track of all these unique passwords. I hate to use a SIN# or phone# as password.

@taxwave I’m also using Adobe Sign, which is part of Adobe Acrobat Pro DC. I found out through tech support that only the more expensive Business (more than one user) and Enterprise plans give access to removing the email attachment of the signed documents. Using the Live Chat option, I had a techie look into disabling the sending of attachments on their end, and he had no access on his end to disable it. At any rate, to resolve the email security flaws, I send my documents password protected, this way, much like with TaxFolder, the user has to enter a passcode even when clicking on the Adobe link.
I am disappointed that Adobe Sign, as part of Acrobat DC Pro, doesn’t support field code templates (only supports document templates). This means that I have to manually align the field codes for each individual T183 form. I tested SignNow and it is the same. I would love to sign up for TaxFolder with its integration into TaxCycle, but with my small home-based tax business of only approx 200 clients of which most still sign the actual document, I can’t justify the cost.

I also received the email from E-Courier that they are implementing document signing for $200 unlimited signatures. However, their program won’t be implemented until sometimes in March, so kind of late in the game for most of us doing taxation.

Sent you PM