Tax Folder 2020

Accepting credit cards is not part of the program ATM

I don’t think it will be. Trilogy is focused on taxes rather than accounting

I have two concerns at the moment, From a security point of view I think this product is excellent but that comes at a price. In the manner of ease of use, many clients are going to find the multiple question sign in process difficult. Personally I would also like to see a signature option which would apply a signature of choice and not require manually signing.
Will Taxcycle continue to integrate with Docusign as it did in the past?

1 Like

I agree with the multiple question comment; however, I have been informed that they are trying to ensure that they are compliant with CRA’s specs. Hopefully once the final specs from CRA are known, we can reduce some of the questions. Some clients will have trouble with the verification questions especially if they need to get a text message.

One would assume the docusign integration will still be there for immediate future; however, at eight dollars per signature it will get very costly.

When I was testing manual signature requests (rather than those sent automatically through Taxcycle), TaxFolder only requested the client to enter their cell phone number and the code that was sent to their phone after entering their number. There were no other skill testing questions to answer. While I realize this may be a tad too relaxed as far as authentication goes… it worked really slick. :slightly_smiling_face:

1 Like

I keep seeing a $8/signature for docusign but my experience has been quite different. I paid $280.35 in April of 2020 and have sent over 750 envelopes. I have not received any bills or renewal notices.
Should I brace myself?

1 Like

Is the process different between manual and automatic requests?

Yes… it’s different.
Automatic requests are handled directly through TaxCycle. Lets say you need a client to sign a T183 or an Authrep, you complete that form in TaxCycle but when you go to print the form TaxCycle sends the document off to be signed. It tracks where in the process the document is and you are notified once signed and returned.

With a manual request… you log into your TaxFolder portal, create a new document for signature or approval, drag in the document you want to be signed or approved… drag the signature block onto the document and place it where you want the client to sign, then send it to the client via TaxFolder. This allows you to send documents to a client for approval, or get their signature on any type of document.

1 Like

Docusign is still an option. They won’t be removing it for now.

Yes, I would brace your self, read the FAQ from Docusign. I got the call and had less packages than you and they wanted be to north of $1,000 for the license and it worked out to be around $8 per signature request sent. This year their FAQ threatens to cut you off if you exceed the 100 so do not be surprised that happens this year being your second year.

DocuSign eSignature Plans and Pricing | DocuSign

" eSignature Standard and Business Pro
We believe that send volume (i.e. number of envelopes sent for signature) should not be a deciding factor in selecting your eSignature provider, and we understand that you may not know how many envelopes you’ll need to send for signature in your first year with DocuSign. Based on historical usage of our existing customer base, we know that 100 envelopes per user per year far exceeds the needs for most customers. Therefore, Standard and Business Pro annual plans include an allowance of up to 100 sent envelopes per user per year. Monthly plans have a pro-rated monthly allowance. Once an envelope is sent, it will count towards this allowance whether or not the envelope is signed or completed. You will be able to correct an envelope in flight prior to completion without having it count toward the plan allowance. The number of envelopes sent for signature using PowerForms or Bulk Send will also count towards this allowance. If you do send more than 100 envelopes in your first year, our sales team may contact you to help you choose the plan that best meets your needs.

Send volume is subject to our Reasonable Use Policy. We may prevent you from sending new envelopes if your send volume exceeds Reasonable Use. If this happens please contact our sales teams at 1-877-720-2040."

Yes, we will continue to support DocuSign integration. As far as the document security goes, we are making the additional Knowledge Based questions optional so we hope that will help to address the concerns raised about having too much security. We will continue to add the SMS verification to documents for security. This will continue to evolve based on industry standards for security while balancing ease of use.

You still have a problem with older clients that do not have cell phones if you insist on sms verification

If you don’t have a cell phone TaxFolder will send the code to a land line.

Many of my clients are older, not very tech savvy, and don’t really wish to be. I can’t envision too many situations where a client doesn’t have access to a cell phone… while at the same time would be interested in or capable of sending an electronic signature for their T1 return.

Surprisingly however… I find most older people do have cell phones nowadays… their kids have forced that technology on them. :slightly_smiling_face:

I am still holding out. :grinning:

1 Like

@Arliss Me too.

1 Like

You must be kidding - I am older but embrace this technology wholeheartedly. However, someone mentioned crypto currency to me today. Now that i am not into at all!

Is this changing the topic of the thread?

@obhorst hahaha… funny.
I would suggest that crypto is a change of topic! LOL

Re: TaxFolder

• Would the client be able to send me non-TaxCycle related docs, i.e. Excel spreadsheets, via his/her TaxFolder portal? Video not quite clear on that.

• From a client’s POV , can they type their name as signature instead of mouse/stylus?

Since last September I’ve been using Adobe Sign. Most clients were comfortable with the process. But with further analysis about security I’ve discovered 2 flaws in the confirmation emails from Adobe.

From my understanding yes they can send other documents;
Currently, only figure, mouse and stylus signing; however, it is my understanding other signature options will be added later (my guess not this first year tho)
You cannot view the file until you can answer the verification questions based on my review

Yes I understand this would be with TaxFolder but not with Adobe Sign. Not sure which one you were referring about.