T4 Adjustment thresholds

@james1… I fought with this a little back in January, but I think I have it set up where I am comfortable with how it is working for adjustments. The only nag left for me is I don’t want Taxcycle to adjust the CPP downwards if the employee has overpaid CPP based on the formula Gross-3500 x 00495. The only time I would want the software to adjust the CPP downwards is if over the maximum of $2,544.30 for the year. Presumably, this would work with your option 4 provided you could get the tolerances built into that option.

You have already noticed that only option 3 (Adjust to the calculated premium if the difference exceeds) uses those Threshold tolerances. The other options ignore those tolerances. I am using option 3 and it works for me. Whenever I would get a T4 slip that Taxcycle wanted to adjust the CPP downward against my judgement there is a box in the “Filing Section” of the T4 slips called “Ignore Adjustments” and it will leave it alone.

Anyway, I have been using option 3 and Taxcycle and Taxcyle doesn’t try to make those small adjustments you are seeing.

I started a topic on this a while back; T4 Adjustment Options