I love the T1 workflow checklist and notes fields.
I would like more room in the free-form notes area above all the workflow steps. This could be accomplished in one of two ways.
- simply expand the notes area to unlimited.
- create a way to a list of quick summary notes in the current top notes area with a way to link to a more detailed version for each summary.
Currently I am using the notes area on the top to summarize the following situations:
- Planning - RRSP, estimated tax, various income scenarios.
- Engagement - high level list of documents to come
- Assessment - date and status of reconciliation
- Adjustments - notes for each assessment and reassessment
- Installments due
Previously I had noted these in OneNote and then copied and pasted into a client email. During this 2019 tax season I have been keeping track of the pending and to be followed items in this top notes area directly in TaxCycle.
I have have needed much more capacity in this top level expandable notes field and have maxed out the character count. So, now I have to resort to a combination of a Word Doc, an Excel, and OneNote to keep track of a series of four Adjustments:
- As filed.
- Installments reapplied
- ReFile with slips correction
- Reassessment expected in 2021 from 2020 loss carryback.
I would prefer to use TaxCycle for all my workflow notes, if possible.