T1 Adjustment for change of emmigration

I have a client who emigrated in 2018 but was filed as a resident for the full year. Can I make this change using refile? If I add in the emigration date on the file a t1 adjustment form is created but I don’t actually see the date of emigration on that form. I’m thinking I may have to mail it in with a letter. Does anyone have experience with this? Thanks!

Usually the T1243 and the T1161 etc needs also to be filed by an Emigrant.
An examination of the file will probably reveal that you may have more information to send to CRA, and/or correction of previously submitted documents.

1 Like