Spouse live in different province


have a client who move back to BC from Ontario, because she doesn’t like it in Ontario, but the spouse didn’t move back. He continue staying in Ontario. Last year she file as resident of Ontario. So, is she a resident of BC this year? She said she want to stay in BC. Where can I put down that spouse is a resident of Ontario? So GST can be calculate correctly.

Thanks a lot,


In this scenario you will need to uncouple the returns and process them separately. If there are transfers involved, you will need to handle them manually. In the simple cases, all you will need to do is enter the partner’s income on each return.


~ Cameron

Thanks :slight_smile: