Send us your questions for the conference "Ask Us Anything" session

Our Online Training Conference is less than two weeks away and we’d like your help. We’re preparing for the “Ask Us Anything” panel discussion with the TaxCycle team, including @Cameron, @Sarka, @Andrew, @Allen and myself (@Elizabeth) This was the most popular session of the conference last year (and the most fun!)

Post your questions below and we’ll prepare as many answers as we can. Then, join us on Tuesday, November 8 for the “Ask Us Anything” session for short demos based on those questions and a live Q&A with the TaxCycle team.

Don’t forget to reserve your spot for the conference! Almost 1900 people have already locked in a ticket. We’re looking forward to seeing you!

Any chance of a “scaled-down” version of TaxFolder for this season, which only provides the following functionality:

• electronic signatures only
  • no requirement for client to create or use a TaxFolder account/login in order to simply sign and return the form
  • no requirement for the client to use Multi-Factor-Authentication, cell phone number, etc – unless the tax preparer wants to turn that feature on
  • TaxCycle integration like DocuSign
  • no document upload/download/storage – just electronic signatures
  • cost less than $300.00 per year for unlimited signatures
4 Likes

Someone posted in the forum that there is a tick box on EFILE returns to advise CRA that a separate paper election will be submitted in respect of the return. The discussion appeared to be about T1 Returns. I’ve been using TaxCycle T1 for 2 years now and haven’t observed this tick mark. Can you show us where this tick mark is located?

1 Like

E-Courier support is fully integrated in TaxCycle. 2023 will be my third season using E-Courier and my 2nd season using their e-signature solution. E-Courier is very conscientious about ensuring future compliance with Canadian Federal electronic privacy laws such as Bill C27, and keeping data in Canada. In a recent email to subscribers of their service, they state, “We also want you to be aware that you need to be cautious of software providers that claim that they have servers located in Canada under the guise of affording you more protection. If these servers are operated by Amazon, Google or Microsoft the data stored on these servers is under US jurisdiction based on the US CLOUD ACT. If they claim otherwise you should ask for supporting legal documentation that states otherwise.”

Now that TaxCycle has been purchased by Zero, which is an American company, it would appear that TaxCycle’s servers located in Canada would now be under US jurisdiction under the US CLOUD ACT. This would imply that TaxFolder user files will now be subjected under the US Cloud Act, much the same as DocuSign, Adobe Sign, SignNow, and other non-Canadian digital signature solutions.

Can you take time to discuss this from TaxCycle and Zero’s perspective, and if we, as Tax Professionals, need to be concerned about this, especially considering privacy legislation like Bill C27.

3 Likes

I believe it is box 9906.

Never used this myself though.

1 Like

For those of us, mostly sole practitioners, of a certain age (ahem…) heading towards retirement, one of the significant problems is controlling costs as we either transition clients to other practitioners, or simply cut down as we go. In most cases, however, we need to maintain a full suite of software in order to continue to operate in any form (not only infrastructure, but Office 365, accounting software and a full tax package come to mind among others).

Does TaxCycle have any plans to offer a limited-use “retirement planning” package to us? TC, at some $2,000 per year is beginning to hurt. However, I (for instance, and I think not uncommonly) have a few Charity Returns a batch of personal returns (family and friends) all, or most of which are either low- or non-compensation returns. Add in the odd Trust (which may, or may not be for reasonable compensation) and things add up quickly. Most T2 clients will pay (there are some that dwindle away though…little and semi-operating soon-to-be closed ones).

As well, many of us as we retire have been long-term customers of yours…you’ve made your money from us!!

Not sure if others have that perspective, but that’s where I am.

2 Likes

I am in the same boat as Smallbiz guy. I have been downsizing and only do a small handful of corporate returns ( very basic ) and would love a pay by use or limited use package.
With all the recent issues with the CRA’s lengthy wait times and obtaining authorization and all other problems, it is definitely making me consider retirement earlier then I originally planned!

I definitely agree. I have been gradually downsizing for a few years now. Unfortunately, some “pay as you go” plans I have looked at are only economical if you do less than 40 returns of all types in total. That would barely cover my family and extended family that I do returns for.

Pat Gamborg

PAT’s OFFICE

1354 Fed Road

Bear River NS B0S 1B0

902-467-3358

Totally agree with Small BizGuy! Am in a very similar situation and have been a Trilogy / ProFile client for more than three decades.

What is in store for the future development of Doxcycle?

Is there any likelyhood that TC will create a pros-only section of this forum, accessible only to registered owners of TC (not Xero) or those providing professional credentials?

3 Likes