Schedule ON(S12)

Good evening, hope all is well.

In the income tax, there are Home Accessibility Expenses (previously Schedule 12) and ON(S12) - Line 63105 - Ontario Seniors’ Home Safety Tax Credit.

In the TaxCycle, I could find S12 but was unable to find ON(S12) in 2023 tax return.

This schedule exists in the 2022 tax return and also should exist in 2023.

On Form ON479, line 63105 has a link to obtain the amount from Schedule ON(S12) but the ON(S12) does not exist.

Has anyone been able to find this schedule in the 2023 tax return?

Good morning. I’m not sure if the Ont Seniors Home Safety Tax Credit is going to be extended to 2023. It was supposed to be a one time credit in 2021 but was extended to 2022. That may be why the schedule is no longer present in TC.

Line 63105 is indicating the amount is coming from ON(S12) so I believe the form still exists. Otherwise, where would you get that amount?

Extract from the Taxation Act, 2007 (Ontario) as amended to date per Ontario e-Laws:

"Seniors’ home safety tax credit

103.0.3 (1) An individual, who is resident in Ontario on the last day of a taxation year ending after December 31, 2020 and before January 1, 2023, may claim an amount in respect of and not exceeding the amount of the individual’s seniors’ home safety tax credit for that year."

Revision of the ON479 may have to wait until CRA has finalized the T1 forms for 2023, or maybe the TaxCycle crew just haven’t got there yet.

As noted above, the Taxation Act still indicates before 2023 and no amendments have been made to extend the credit.
TaxCycle’s 2023 T1 module is currently using the 2022 forms on which the line for this credit calculates to zero. We removed ON(S12) based on the above.
We will have a release with the 2023 forms only once CRA releases final versions to us. We expect that to be in late December.

Thank you.