RRSP transfer under 60L

Is there a bug in the program that won’t add the refund of premiums from the death of a spouse to the total income eligible to transfer to RRSP cell 11?

It looks like it is supposed to add cells 4 to 10 but it doesn’t show in the total

What box on the T4RSP is the Refund of Premiums being shown? Box 18?
If it is shown in Box 18 then I think you need to enter that amount on line 6 - Refund of Premiums of the RRSP Transfers Section of the RRSP worksheet. You also need to enter the RRSP deduction receipt for the actual amount transferred.

Oh my gosh, going crazy here trying to figure out how to make the software happy and get this on Schedule 7.
I have made all the entries that you indicate but my Schedule 7 doesn’t populate and If I try to add manually I get the red text with the *. What the heck do I need to do??

You need to enter an amount on the “RRSP Worksheet”
The process involves 3 steps;

1 - Enter the income information from the T4RSP the client provided
2 - Enter the amount of the Transfer on the RRSP worksheet (click on the blue RRSP form) and it will take you to the cell you need to enter the tranfer.
3 - Enter the RRSP contribution from the RRSP deduction receipt your client has provided.

You don’t need to edit anything on Schedule 7.

In the case I just tried the client (Mr AAMacDummy) has RRSP contribution room of zero, yet the 100,000 transfer still gets deducted against the Refund of Premiums income.

See screenshots below;

Ohhhhh ok. I didn’t add it as an RRSP contribution, that didn’t seem like the logical place…I did do the 3 steps like you had suggested on the thread but I stuck it into the Deductions worksheet… I knew it was giving me the right total but wasn’t presenting properly. Thank you SOOOOO much for showing the screenshots of those pages…you are unbelievably kind to go to that trouble. Thank you again.