ReFILE

But having to get the client to come in and sign a T183 again will be a bit of a pain. With the normal T1-ADJ we can sign it for them or we can go to RaC and do the adjustment there without having to drag the client back in. So in most cases, I don’t see us using this.

I have found many adjustments processed on RAC are done instantly. However some I expected to be done instantly have not been. I guess time will tell. If we have essentially the time frame of Efile for the Refile it may be worth the extra time to get the client to come in on a more extensive adjustment. We shall see.

1 Like

I agree, if it is an adjustment that is going result in significant improvements to a client’s situation, I would call them in to sign. But most of the adjustments we make are not that significant.

Just a positive comment, this is a very smooth well set up process. Thank you TaxCycle team for the quality work.

I have waited to do the refiles to see how well the process went, I have completed 15 now and all flawless.

2 Likes

Have you checked to see if they are reassessed yet? Curious about the turn around time.

On CRA website is says ReFILE exceptions discounted returns can not be re-FILE, however does this mean that even if the office is a discounter can a preparer still use Re-File services.
I have spoken to Efile help desk and several different answers are provided, expected as very little paper document is provided at this point for Re-FILE.

Some return will go through and others will not and when calling if the return is not discounted but the office is a discounter Efile help desk says you cannot use this service.

Can anyone provide any further feedback on there comments.