Paper file T2 tax files

For the first time ever for me I need to paper file a T2 tax file. I seem to remember that there was a form where you selected the paper file option and gave a reason for the paper filing. If that still exists, please advise me where I can located.

Disregard post… I guess I’m buried too deep in T1 mode. :upside_down_face:

https://www.taxcycle.com/Documentation/Electronic-filing-EFILE/Filing-on-paper/T1-paper-filing-T1-Condensed

1 Like

@john4 Open T2CIF worksheet, answer yes to the paper file question. You should then be able to see a T2barcode printset. You need to have your client sign the barcode.

Steven

1 Like

Hey Steven, thank you for this information. Am correct ii thinking that I only submit the signed barcode and not a paper copy of the T2? Also, I made a change in head office address on S546. Does this form still need to be mailed to the Ontario Finance Department?

John

@john4 Correct. No need to send in copy of T2. The barcode contains all the T2 data. No, you do not need to mail S546 separately. This info is captured in the barcode and the CRA will pass on this info to Ontario to be updated.

Steven

1 Like

I have my T2 return marked as “yes” to Paper file on the T2CIFWS but when I do a quick search of unfiled T2 returns it shows up as not filed. Is there a way to run this quick search to exclude paper filed returns. I see I can exclude planning returns and exclude training returns but i would also like to exclude paper filed returns.
Thanks in advance for any suggestions.