MR-69 error codes

I have wondered if Revenu Quebec’s system is unable to handle images or images with OCR of the MR-69.
I have tried with one form, that was originally signed electronically. I had printed the form initially.

1. I scanned the form with the OCR option Adobe Acrobat Pro DC (version 2020.012.20043) at 400 DPI. Rejected.
  2. I scanned the form without the OCR option, 400 DPI again. Rejected.
  3. Extracted the MR-69 from the signature package, so only the three relevant pages. Accepted.

Basically, since then, I never would send a scanned MR-69 form electronically. If the form was mailed to me (pen to paper signature,) then I would scan it into my system and mail it to Revenu Quebec.

Don’t know how many Revenu Quebec employees may have been infected by COVID-19 because they could not get their electronic system to work. Frankly, I don’t know why they don’t use the same option as the CRA. Do spot checks on filers. If this keeps up, they will want us to transmit the TP1000 with the netfiled return.

And @Allen don’t think about suggesting that!

I always scanned MR-69 from signed pen-to-paper copy. Epson scanner doesn’t perform OCR and resolution set from 300 DPI to 600 DPI. Scanned document is saved as PDF.
None of my electronic transmission attempts (about 30) were successful.
Resigned to mail copies to Revenu Quebec.

With the upcoming T2 update, we have made a few adjustments to the placement of those little square barcodes you se at the bottom of each page of the MR69 and more particularly the ones on page 3 beside box 60 and the signature line. These last 2 were off by a few millimeters from where they are situated on the official Revenu Québec form and that is all they could suggest to hopefully get better results going forward.

I have noticed, from files that have been submitted to me for review, that the size of the PDF files varies enormously, some as little as 150kb and others well of 5MB, for the same 3 pages. Revenu Québec was not able to comment on my suggestion that their OCR was having issues with certain files. If you still have issues with new transmissions once you have the update, I would be happy to reach out to them again with more examples. We noticed online that in some circumstances, it was suggested to either increase or even reduce the DPI to obtain a better result.

Two important points about the scanned PDF attached to the transmission:

1. All 3 page have to have the corner brackets and the little barcodes clearly visible
  2. Box 60 must be checked and some kind of signature has to be visible.

Hi
can you please help. I have this error code when filling the signed MR69 : T3_136626

Not sure if the problem is with Revenu Québec or TC but I have never been able to submit a successful MR-69 at all and therefore, stopped doing it. Instead, I ask my clients to grant me authorizations through their cliqueSecur account which is a lot easier.

1 Like