Mc vs M in {FilingCabinet} Problem

Not sure if this is a Bug - or a Suggestion.

The {FilingCabinet} function has “Mc” as a separate variable. While I can appreciate many old paper dividers have this as a separate filing section, most modern electronic ones do not. This is causing an issue with our PDF integration and server filing system that uses a single character for filing. In this case, “M”. Is there a way to have the FilingCabinet protocols only reference the first letter of a name?

This is also an expansion on a suggestion I had for T-slips - FilingCabinet {IssuerCabinet} Variable Availability Request

It looks like we don’t populate the FilingCabinet variable for the slips at all. So if we just started doing that using the issuer name could you use the same variable?

I’m pondering the other issue you have, which I think could be most easily solved by adding another variable called “Filing” which doesn’t make the exceptions for Mc and Mac…

Any other thoughts?

@Cameron You’re the programmer - I just pretend to be and make my I.T. contractor cringe. :nerd_face:

Tidbit of useless information: growing up, many thought I was going to get my CS degree after winning the CS Award in 1995 in my high school - but all the talk was Y2K back then - and I didn’t feel like changing 2 digits to 4 as a career path. :grin:

I prefer making 2 + 2 = 0 tax.