Mass update client info data?

Wondering if it’s possible to do a mass update on client info fields. I’ve noticed a number of client files have misspelled city names. For example “Vancouvre” instead of “Vancouver”.

You will have to go into each return to make that change. Someone likely spelled “Vancouver” incorrectly once and it got saved so now the autocomplete picks up the incorrect spelling. There is a way to remove that incorrect item from the file used for autocomplete.

It’s in a text file is called “City.typing”. On my system it’s in a folder called “C:\Users\User\AppData\Roaming\Trilogy\TaxCycle\Typing”. It has autocomplete files for many items (medical expenses, donations, Tslip issuers, etc).

Thanks Kevin, great tip about City.typing. I suspect it’s a combination of auto-complete and carry forward that’s caused this issue for our office.

Here is how to fix this issue, First go to the particular field. You will see a drop arrow on the right side. Click here to see the list of pre-typed city names. Every name has an X mark on the right side. Click on the X mark to delete the wrong typed city name.