Letterhead

This is our letterhead I have put it into the logo image file but when i save it this is what the letter looks like…

I am wondering how to change it to its not going straight down the side?

I watched the video for template and i should just be able to add my logo in and have it show up in the letter but sadly its not working :frowning: is it a print setting? If anyone has any advice that would be great!

It’s not a print setting. It’s because our default letterhead uses a table and inserts the preparer address details. The field you are using in options is for just the logo, not an entire letterhead.

Normally, to edit it, you need to go into the Template Editor and find the Letterhead snippet. Some details are here: https://www.taxcycle.com/Documentation/Templates/Snippets-and-letterhead

But, we can cheat and make it use that logo field for a full letterhead, seeing as you just have your address in your letterhead anyway. All we need to do is have a basic template that refers to the image you have there.

Drop this file in your Templates folder and you should be good to go. It will replace all modules.

GlobalLetterhead.taxcycletemplate (1.1 KB)

1 Like

BTW. @rebecca1, are you joining us for the Template Editor webinar today? I think I will show your example if I can fit it in. I imagine it is a common question.

No i didnt know there was one?? when is it i would love to join in! Thank you so much for all the help.

Rebecca

The first of three starts at 11 a.m. MT (in about a half hour). And then again tomorrow and then next day.

You can register for each day here:
https://www.taxcycle.com/Training/Webinars

Even if you can’t make it, we’ll send you the video after if you register.

Hello Elizabeth,

I have registered for the course and i will be doing all three days so i can hopefully understand it more. I believe it starts at 10 my time? I am ready to learn :slight_smile:

Rebecca

1 Like

Hello Elizabeth,

I have added the Global letterhead template into the templates folder but the letter still looks the same? I know i am missing something but i am not sure what? Oh and your webinar was great today :slight_smile:

Rebecca

Thank you. Very useful template.

Would like a footer snipet added, with a short form version of company letterhead, plus a page number below this one or two line company footer.

Page number footer should be
Letter name
Page# / num of pages.

I put mine on one line with template name left aligned. Page # right aligned.

I use the Template Name or Custom Template Name.
E.g. Client Letter, Engagement Letter, Signature Request Letter, Client Invoice Letter, Client Tax Return Compressed, Client Efile Confirmation, Client Express NOA, Client CRA Download NOA, Client Refile Letter.

Adding this style of footer snipet would greatly expand the use and workflow of custom letters. And, by extension, the functionality of TaxCycle as a quasi-tax practice manager.

Hello Elizabeth,

Thank you so much i ended up not putting the file folder in common folders correctly and thats why it wasnt working but i figured it out and the letterhead works now… yay!! thank you for all the help and i look forward to your next webinar.

Rebecca

Hello Elizabeth,

So i have all the files set up but when i use the shared letterhead it looks gret but then when i go to the letter it doesnt look right? its still huge and not to scale even though the shared letterhead looks correct? I am very confused.

Hmmm… Maybe the resolution of the image is too high. It can be finicky depending on the monitor. What happens when you insert the image into a blank template? Another option would be to just clone the letterhead template and then delete the contents and insert the image. If you get really stuck. Send the letterhead image file to me at info@taxcycle.com and I’ll take a look.

Hello Elizabeth,

I will try and insert it into a blank template and see if that works but for now i sent off the image file of the letterhead and a screenshot of what it looks like on my end. thank you for the help.

Rebecca

We can’t do page numbers or true footers in the template editor yet unfortunately. So a footer template would be of limited use at this time. Hopefully when the schedule allows us the time to upgrade the editor, we can get that function.

Is there a way to remove the blank line that appears under the letterhead snippet? The column formatting is fine and shows up the way I want, except there’s always an extra line break I can’t get rid of between the letterhead and whatever is the next section in the letter (usually the date I think). I tried to get around it by changing to only one column and using a table instead, but it still leaves a blank line under the table. My next workaround may be to put the date in the letterhead snippet… :thinking:

1 Like