Invoicing

Thanks @Patrick. I will email it to you directly.

I’m wondering if there is any way to show that the client has prepaid for their return? The Invoice worksheet does not seem to allow to show that my client has paid me in advance.

Enter amount paid on the billing worksheet in the “Paid” section.

I tried that and the field would not allow an entry.

Thanks @Elizabeth - I will take a look!

Cameron,

Is there a way to turn off joint invoices so that i can just use cinvoice for each taxpayer?

One way is clone the template and change the Used and Relevant conditions on the JInvoice to False. This hides them from everything, printing, fast find, etc.

You may want to do this for the FInvoice too.

Nope, client’s invoice shows “Joint Tax Returns”

Well, that’s something different. Try removing the dollar amount next to the entry in pricing options:

I set the clone template for cinvoice to true & true. Carried forward a return this morning and now neither client has an invoice when jinvoice & family invoice are set to false/false

joint is set to zero and unchecked

i reset the price to joint tax returns and now it invoices “joint”, I think there is a setting somewhere else that is coming into play

Hmmm… And the Billing worksheet for the client you are using to test with isn’t locked? If it is locked, it won’t update with changes from options.

If that doesn’t work. Give us a call, we can try a screen share to figure it out.

Still no luck. Can we do this between 11am and 1pm?

Give us a call when you’re ready. Whoever answers the call will try and help and can come and get me if they get stuck.

Found it. Zero “single” return. Zero “joint” return. Enter your amount for “federal” return. Program is hard coded to choose single or joint depending on marital status. Choosing federal only uses the first option which is federal return per client.