Interest paid on Student Loans

I have interest paid on Student loan to enter…I can see it on Federal NRTC worksheet but I cannot, for the life of me, figure out where I enter the amount?? Not on the credits worksheet??
I have been told I can click on the little blue triangle at the line # and it will take me backwards to the place where it’s entered, but it’s doing nothing when I click on it…would appreciate if someone could help me figure out how to get this operational too :slight_smile:

Thanks so much for your assistance
Patti

F4 > StudentLoan

Press F4, then 31900

Awesome thanks so much. Still didn’t figure out how to do the F4 thing, haha but I did discover “fast find” in the tabs while I was trying and that got me there. Kindest regards

Awesome thanks so much.

If you press the {F4} function key…nothing happens?

I’m not sure where my cursor is supposed to be when I press F4?? If I was sitting on Line 31900 then it would add that amount to the box and create an override. I know I’m going to feel really stupid when you tell me how I’m supposed to do it :grin:

Anywhere. The F4 is a “go to” key. So F4 then in the popup type (say) T5. That’s where you go. Or you can put in a line number. So F4 150000 goes to that line.

F4 is the keyboard shortcut for the Fast Find button that’s on the Home menu. Just like when you click on the button on the Home menu, you don’t need to have your cursor on any specific area when you press F4 and it shouldn’t override anything.

You can find a list of keyboard shortcuts at the following website: Keyboard Shortcuts - TaxCycle

Home tab,
then Fast Find or F4
then in the pop up box - type Donation Worksheet

If you’re using a laptop, often the function keys are set to activate various hardware functions (i.e. volume up/down, screen brightness, etc). It might be that when you press the “F4” key the laptop is executing something other than the standard Windows “F4” function. You might have to switch the functionality to “standard Windows” - for example, on my Dell laptop, I have to use the blue “Fn” key to access the alternative functions, or press “Fn”+“Esc” to lock the alternative functions.

2 Likes

Wow!!! This community is absolutely amazing!!! Thanks to each of you for taking time out of your day to help me out. Problem solved and now I actually have the knowledge to help me solve problems in the future. I hope to be able to return the favour one day.
Kindest regards,