Integration with Xero?

Just wondering if integration with Xero is on the radar? I have more and more of my clients transitioning to Xero and it would be great if there was an easy method of being able to transfer data between the programs. Thanks!

2 Likes

In know that there has been requests for integration with accounting software made previously; however, usually it is with accounting software that is more widely used. I would doubt that Xero is on the radar.

Just wondering if there has been any changes to this?

Integration with XERO… Two the best software are together - It will be magic!
Does nobody want it? I don’t believe…

1 Like

I would love something like that, but feel like the integration should be on the Xero side through their API - probably way easier to do that way, than from TaxCycle side.
e.g. have the Xero’s profit and loss and balance sheet export to a GIFI file, or to a TaxCycle import file.

A solution that I was going to try this T1 tax season was using the import feature in Taxcycle. You export a csv to Excel and then follow the instructions at https://www.taxcycle.com/Documentation/Preparing-returns/Import-data/Import-forms-from-Excel to import into Taxcycle. I didn’t see that option available last year so will try it this year. Definitely not a 1 step process but still far better than typing the whole ruddy thing into Taxcycle. I currently have my COA in Xero set up as the GIFI codes, so hopefully that will help :slight_smile:

1 Like

Well I admit that I was not sold on Xero a few years ago when they just entered the Canadian market (and this posting was first posted); however, I have been watching their advancement and I now think it would be a good Idea for @Cameron to at least discuss working with Xero with some integration with them in terms of invoicing and maybe their practice management software. I think there maybe some similarities in business philosophies which could be a win win for everyone.

1 Like

Not a full blown integration, but in terms of preparing a T2, the Xero Chart of Account will let you map each account with GIFI code. You can then simply export the GIFI file and drag and drop it in TaxCycle to fill S100 and S125.

@Cameron.
I would love Xero integration with T1 T2125 and T2.
T1 T776 Rental and T1 T2042 Farm forms could follow later.

@shellykm
The export a CSV to Excel workflow could be a first step for T2, T1 T2042 and T1 T776. https://www.taxcycle.com/Documentation/Preparing-returns/Import-data/Import-forms-from-Excel

Xero is very easy for small owner/operator clients to understand and use. Xero support is fabulous. Xero marketing support is clear and complication free. Xero billing support is excellent and prompt. Xero is relatively surprise and bug free. Xero is very committed to Canada. Xero appears to be well funded through Global operations.

As such I think that Xero’s market penetration will continue to grow in Canada.

Although Intuit QBO is a market leader, they have some questionable partner practices which has resulted in some large Canadian partners to consider adding Xero to their QBO base. Some others have switched to Xero.

I would suggest that you consider adding Xero integration or to possibly conduct a poll re interest for Xero integration.

Thanks @dominique_dabolczi! I have been using Xero for almost 5 years now and it certainly has come a long way in customizing for the Canadian market. My clients & I love using Xero for all the reasons you listed a more :slight_smile: It would be great if there was a direct integration between Taxcycle and Xero but currently I use the combination of GIF code mapping in Xero and csv import from Excel to get my info into Taxcycle. Once Taxcycle is in the cloud, then I can truly be “cloud based only”.

I am not worried about getting the GIFI into the T2 since my current processes follow what you mentioned; however, thanks for the suggestion anyways.

Well, a few years ago I was not that excited about having a cloud based tax software; however, it appears that that is the way the world is heading so I suspect that @Cameron will need to seriously consider having a cloud based option for Taxcycle or potentially be left behind.

My main concern with cloud based systems was security and it is still a high priority; however, with the two step authentication activated gives me a little better comfort level. Interesting that is is a requirement in Austrailia I believe)