TaxCycle | Products | Pricing | Training | Documentation | Support | News

Renewal pricing

Anyone seen the renewal pricing for Profile? They are pricing themselves out of the market. Their federal tax suite is $1980 and no where near matches the value of the entry level taxcycle suite of $1095

1 Like

Honestly @David_R_Officer if Profile was 500 bucks I wouldn’t change back. There is way too much value in @taxcycle, just the support alone and this collaborative community is worth the cost of @taxcycle. Now that being said, I do appreciate the price point with TaxCycle

2 Likes

i wouldn’t switch back if it were free for the next three years. Way too much value as you mention. It’s faster and more uptodate

2 Likes

I agree, I don’t think I would revert to Profile. I was a long time Profile user before moving to Taxcycle and they have been courting me for the last couple of years to come back. I find tax cycle features much richer and easier to work with. What Profile does have going for it is direct QBO integration for T2 and they have started down the path of digitizing working papers in tool. Gifi export from QBO works well but not yet setup for T2125, (which is another discussion).

Just a thought - what is Xero doing for T2 & T2125 integration? Perhaps Taxcycle could partner with them for an offering and “split” the market so to speak. That would interesting to watch unfold…not to mention a path to get me some Xero user customers that I don’t yet have…

1 Like

They still can’t import taxcycle directly which they would have to do if they ever had hopes of enticing customers. My boss has strictly used Profile and to switch, he would need direct import rather than sending them to intuit to convert in the background

I’ve been following this TaxCycle community for several months now and you folks have all convinced me make the switch from Profile to TaxCycle (have been with Profile since about 2000 and let their sale price renewal go by the wind). I phoned the TaxCycle office a few days ago and they confirmed that their sale price will be available until approx. mid-September giving me time to run a two week demo before purchasing. I’m grateful for the sale extension, as I’m too busy right now to demo it. One of the biggest game changers for me is this amazing community - I can’t speak highly enough about all of you! I only focus on T1 Returns and the odd T3 Returns for the deceased which I do by paper, leaving the T2 Returns for those with more expertise than me, except for my own corporate T2. Looking forward to being more than just a fly on the wall soon. :sparkling_heart:

2 Likes

You will be in good hands Gerry - a lot of great advice available here - Klaus

1 Like

You will be welcome.

1 Like

You will be second guessed :laughing: or even corrected. :sweat_smile:

1 Like

You won’t regret it. It’s faster, more up to date and has a way better interface. Since you know Profile, you know TaxCycle. Every year i’m forced to demean myself and use Profile at work because my boss is an Intuit junkie

1 Like

Not only will you be in great hands, you will have a lot of us early adopters, for me it was 2013 and for the past 7 tax seasons, @taxcycle has been amazing. You will also meet many people in this community and you will also notice, when you have an issue, you most often with get the top brass chiming in and on many occasions the head honcho @Cameron will follow up.

Cheers and happy Taxing

2 Likes

Been with Taxcycle since 2012

2 Likes