Flag for T3 Beneficiaries Info Missing

Due to the new T3 requirements for beneficiaries and all their info needing to be entered in the T3, can we get a flag or something to prevent the return from being filed without that info being entered, or require the preparer to mark off somewhere that they’'ve completed that info.

Need to stop the ability to file it without them so easily.

Thanks!

It’s not distinctly expanded on at this time considering S15 is new, but I would assume CRA will chase you down for the info at some point subsequent to filing.

2 Likes

There are review messages in the T3 to prompt entry of the S15. We do allow them to be signed off since CRA allows the S15 to be filed without full information (they assume best efforts to collect the data, but allow some leeway in this first year of implementation).

There is a filter on the Review tab to allow you see if these review messages were signed off.

Thanks Sarka! While I have you here, can we add .jpeg and .ods to the list of supported file types in TaxFolder? Let me know if I need to submit that suggestion somewhere else!

.jpeg should be supported already.

If you have any files that TaxFolder will not let the client upload, the work-around is to have them put the files into a ZIP and then upload the ZIP for you.

FYI - It is unlikely will have another TaxFolder release before May to avoid disrupting people in the middle of this high volume period.

Thanks Sarka! Sadly the .jpegs are not on the list only .jopgs and clients haven’t been able to load them so we’re getting them via email and the rest via Taxfolder so thought I would mention it.

Whenever you guys do another TaxFolder update, if you could add the ability to reassign the preparer from within the engagement as well that would be great! Goung back to the “in progress” screen when we’re already in the engagement can get time consuming depending on load times :slightly_smiling_face:

You guys rock. Very much appreciate all that you do all year but especially this time of year!

These should all be supported along with a few others not currently listed. If any of these are no longer working, then I can get engineering to take a look.

Weird. Thanks Sarka! The next time it happens I’ll send it in to support!