Engagement letter - two pages?

anyone else finding their Engagement letters spanning two pages? There’s only two lines on the second page of mine, the “Please return completed…” part. Maybe it’s my Letterhead that’s a bit too tall.

Is it possible to have reduce the font a bit to make it all fit as a default? @Elizabeth

Nicole

I also found that with my engagement letters. The problem in my case was my logo was insanely oversized. Fixed via re-sizing the logo in a different program and then re-selecting the newer smaller image: File/Options/Correspondence.

The other technique you can use is to modify the font/font size using the ‘Template Editor’. If it’s just the client letter that is spanning two pages, and you’re happy with the size of your logo etc, you can perhaps adjust this from the default Calibri 11 down to 10 and see if that works. The # of templates available is enormous and categorized by the type of return, so just be sure to make sure you’re modifying the client letter on the tax return type(s) that you’re working on.

Hope that helps !

@grangers2016 here is no one way to make this happen and we’ve reduced the font size and the margins in the default letter to as small as we can make them. With the snippets used for address etc. if we reduce them further, we also have to reduce those too, which gets tricky for client letters. The things you can try if you want to clone the letter and try yourself:

1. As @Tuulyp_Peter said, try reducing the height of your letterhead in the letterhead snippet.
  2. Reduce the margins on the paper to match what your printer uses.
  3. Reduce the font size in the letter.
  4. If you reduce the font size in the letter, you’ll likely want to remove the snippets and copy the salutation into your letter so that you have them use the same font size.
  5. Remove some of the text if you feel you can.

We don’t often change the text in the engagement letter, although I did some edits this year to reduce the text as much as possible to help with this exact concern. And adjusted the size of the signature fields. It was a tricky to get it this far. Sorry I don’t have any perfect solutions. (Of note, the French letter is impossible to fit on one page no matter what I do.)

1 Like

At some point we have to accept that the letter will span multiple pages. Clients are not as resistant to this as some might think. Mine (not the TaxCycle template) is 4 now.

1 Like