Editing posts

Previously, I had the ability to edit posts in the forum.

Seems like this functionality has been removed?

We havenā€™t changed any settings explicitly. Iā€™m not sure what is going on. Is this happening with just posts you created? Or other usersā€™ posts too?

I will increase your ā€œTrust Levelā€ and see whether that helps. Let me know.

1 Like

Thanks Elizabeth, that fixed it. It was the editing of other peopleā€™s posts that was disabled, but now works again

(to reassure people, I like to ā€˜pigeonholeā€™ things. So on a periodic basis I would go through topics and assign those that were unassigned. I will never go and willy nilly change the body of peopleā€™s posts)

You lose your trust level automatically if you do not log in enough over the summer Bert. I think I have also lost my ability to fix posts due to being away. I do not believe i can access the lounge anymore either.

:frowning:

that is to bad, @james1

And I was just planning to have a party in the loungeā€¦

:sob:

2 Likes

Iā€™ve extended the time to retain Trust level 3 so that hopefully people who participate as much as you both do donā€™t get demoted so quickly. Hopefully this helps.

Also, @james1 and @BertMulderCGA, I have manually set you to Trust Level 4 (Leader).

This is a special category. You can only get here if an admin sets it. And, you canā€™t be demoted at this level:

ā€œLeaders are regulars who have been around forever and seen everything. They set a positive example for the community through their actions and their posts. If you need advice, these are the folks you turn to first.ā€

This is what you can do at this level:

• edit all posts
  • pin/unpin topic
  • close topic
  • archive topic
  • make topic unlisted
  • Split and merge topics
  • Daily like limit increased by 3 Ɨ

Use your powers wisely, my friends. Ask me if anything seems amiss. Thank you for joining into the discussion.

2 Likes

wow!

hope the power wonā€™t go to my head

:grinning:

3 Likes

With triple the power to Like, your lives will be bliss! :grinning:

2 Likes

@matthew, I have increased your trust level too as youā€™re online quite a bit as well.

2 Likes