Due Date

T185: The Pre-Authorized Debit (PAD) [withdrawal date] must be at least five (5) business days, excluding weekends and statutory holidays, and not be more than one (1) year in the future.

This is the message we are getting when we select to pay by the due date for the client, who received CERB. The due date is 2022-04-30 and the Tax cycle gives this warning message. it looks like Tax Cycle is not updated for this.

Just select a different payment date.

My concern is that if the client wants to pay by the due date and it’s 2022-04-30 what Tax Cycle considers this date an error because it’s more than a year.

It would kill them to pay a year later than usual, by 22 April 2022?

File the return on April 30, 2021?

its not when they can file or it would kill them. we gets all kind of customers and if someone wants to pay by due date without waiting for the April 30, 2021, software should accept that. if you know the reason, why software is showing an error, pls let me know

the software should accept the date of April 30, 2021. but earlier you had said April 30. 2022. That I can see might not work. I would try April 29, 2021 or May 1, 2021, if April 30, 2021 doesn’t work.

This is how I get 2022/04/30 date.

Personally, I wouldn’t pander to taxpayers with that view…

A year extra to pay is more than enough reasonable, and that would be the advice I would give them.

IMHO, they can always write a post-dated cheque instead if they want to make a political statement…

In any case, they will have a brand new tax bill to pay come 30 April 2022, then it is almost guaranteed that they will complain that they cannot pay twice at the same time… :worried:

2 Likes