Discontinued e-Courier Integration

my apologies!! I discontinued e-Courier - I liked it but I was offered a product that is supposed to be just as good, if not better and less expensive. We will see.

Looks like the new boys on the block are flexing
Their muscles. You’d think they would give us
A year to prepare for the downfall of Taxcycle
I had hoped it wouldn’t happe BUT …
Do i have to read up o New Zealand tax returns
Before we start our new year?

I owned a 1967 Pontiac Firebird for nearly 30 years. That was the first model year - only 1,100 built. 326 engine that I rebuilt with my dad. He gave me chrome-dipped rocker arm covers for Christmas one year. Beautiful car!

What about offering TaxFolder with a reduced number of clients and a reduced price. I only do 50-60 clients but Adobe Acrobat for $26 per month or $311 per year for unlimited PDF/e-sign

What really irritates me is that this has a huge effect on our client database - every time there is a change (eg adopt or remove TaxFolder, or Adobe Sign, e-courier etc. from our practices) there is a huge training/time loss for us to educate our clients…especially the large number of seniors we all work with who are not that saavy with programs and tech. This puts us all in the dreaded position of having to explain to our clients why a new program we adopted won’t be working this year - and how to use what ever new alternative we will be testing to patch the gaps in our service, perhaps only for a year or two before more changes come and we are forced to switch to something else. This is such a huge burden for our clients and such a hit to the professionalism and integrity of our businesses.

3 Likes

@obhorst
What did you mean by “another product” to replace e-Courier?
TaxFolder plus your standard email or something in addition?
If so, what?

I subscribe to Client Track. They claim to have a comparable product to e-Courier.

Personally, I never much used TaxCycle’s E-Courier integration which required me to log in my e-courier account every time, while I’m already logged in my browser.
I much prefer to save a return’s documents in the clients’ file in my own system and attach them to an e-courier package. Same for e-signature process.
For me, just as quick as Taxcycle’s integration.

1 Like

I agree. The more that I try Taxfolder, the more problems that I get.
I’m going to give it a try for 10 files this year and then reassess.
My clients know and like e-courier so that’s where I will probably go.
e-courier has it’s own esignature method now. Yes it’s a bit of a learning curve initially.
But they don’t seem to mess around with the product through out the year.

I use e-sign through Adobe. Much cheaper since i only have 50 clients.

Ya, once you have a few hundred, and/or want payment integration the cost for AdobeSign skyrockets. It is my most expensive software by far. I’ll likely be switching after the 2023 tax season when my subscription finishes and moving to something else. Again.

adobe has payment integration or are you talkimg about taxcycle/taxfolder

Yes, we use the payment integration in AdobeSign now. But it’s so expensive that I’m looking at alternatives for after tax season.

How about trying to explain to them that not all of your users implement Tax Folder and our senior clients like e-Courier, and dislike change? I only added DocuSign to my repertoire of programs because e-Courier didn’t have the signing option…

I too am not happy about this integration stopping as sending complete files securely was simple!

Why Tax Cycle is forcing to use Tax Folder, I am using Adobe Acrobat for ESignature and to manage PDF documents, which has capabilities to create, edit, convert/export/import from one format to another, around $250 per year.

More economical and best pdf management software.

Yup, me too. Best software out there for PDF. TaxFolder is too expensive for me with 60 clients, half who sign the t183 in person

i think it also stems from big brother Xero. i sure hope taxcycle stays with the same team and same pricing. i hate profile - it’s so out of date and all they do is patch it every year and make it slower and more buggy

I think you are going down the wrong path here. The falling out between E-courier and Taxcycle happened long before Xero purchased them. This was caused by the development of Taxfolder and E-courier has taken an exception to that.

1 Like

Appreciate you sharing some of the situation. This is disappointing but unfortunately these circumstances arise.

But it’s a dog when the signature is in place. There’s a coupler of steps more to do and you have to remember to print e-courier’s certificate. I no longer use client track. The problem with their system is that you have to use client track nd set up the client i their data base before you can use it.
I found TaxFolder most unreliable this past year nd it was costly. Costly is good if the products works in a superior manor. TaxFolder failed this year. So I’m seriously looking at e-courier or Adobe. The bright part for e-courier is that my clients who send me documents, are already familiar with it. Everyone who uses it loves the drag n drop feature.