Direct deposit review mark

Can I set up a Review make to let me know when the “Signed up for Direct deposit?” is No on the CDE?
@Steven

Nicole

That’s a good reminder to have. The programming might not be done for something like that. I have a template, called “Review Notes”, and I have various things that are checked. I check things like whether to advise clients about RRIF options when they are 65 and over, ask for information about the income of an eligible dependent, and more.

You can create “if” statements (with the “#” symbol) that you can just make as part of your review process to check. I believe the statement would be something like this:

{{ #CurrentClient.RepAClientCDE.ClientInformation.DirectDeposit= 1 }}The client is not registered for direct deposit.{{/end}}

Wondering if there can be a better review message for direct deposit.
Currently there is a review message on the T1DD - “Consider setting up direct deposit”, but this is an all or nothing review mark which I find quite useless.
The Client Date Enquiry CDE from AFR data has a Line showing if the client is set up for DD.

I would like the DD review mark to be linked to this line so that if it says no, then it prompts to set of DD.
Does anyone else agree?

3 Likes

If we updated this to check the CDE Direct Deposit line and for a refund owing and no PY banking information entered (for those not using AFR) - would that work for everyone?

I don’t think the refund owing is necessary. Benefits payments are nice to have direct deposited.

2 Likes

I agree with @Arliss. With all the various payments it’s irrelevant if there’s a refund in the current year.

This will be updated in the next release. You may need to check your options to ensure that this optional review message is turned on.

1 Like

Thanks, Sarka.

The new review message works like a dream! :smiling_face_with_three_hearts:
Thanks @sarka

1 Like

I concur. I thought I had been pretty diligent with checking this and convincing clients to get setup but the new message continues to find clients I have missed.

That is helpful, thanks
Charles