Current labour disruption

Due to a current labour disruption, the Business Enquiries line is closed.

The CRA is prioritizing calls related to benefit payments that the CRA administers, which includes income tax enquiries related to benefit entitlements. Canadians can expect increased wait times to reach a CRA service representative.

Canadians are encouraged to use CRA’s online services, such as CRA My Account, MyBusiness Account or Represent a Client, to manage their tax affairs or the tax affairs of their client/organization.

Visit our Labour disruptions impact webpage for additional information.

1 Like

Meh, it’s just business as usual for me. Despite it’s flaws, RAC has been a game changer and now I can come up with an excuse on why I can’t speak with a CRA agent. I guess I can save countless hours from not calling them….few :sweat_smile:

2 Likes

The only thing that is disturbing me is the CAI payments. I just recently found out that if you file your tax return before March 28th, the tax payer would receive the CAI payment by April. Any return filed after March 28th would be deposited in July. Been getting a lot of enquires on this lately….

… and if you filed your income tax return and had an amount owing they will simply swipe your April CAI payment even though you may have already paid your amount due or intend to pay your amount due by April 30th. :upside_down_face:

2 Likes

I’ve seen that happen so often that I specifically wait until early April to file lower income tax returns.

1 Like