Comparative Business Statements

Last year a T1 customer had questions about why the difference between the T2125 for 2017 and 2016. I ended up copying the two years into a spread sheet and in the process of comparing, we found several issues. I had missed some loan interest while he had missed some purchases and workers’ compensation.

We have two and five year summaries, without detail for farm or business expenses. We have two year family comparisons; a two year comparison of income statements would really help show discrepancies year over year.

Would not the 5 year comparative income statements do for that?

Both the 2 year and 5 year summary only provide a total for self employment or farm income. What i would like to see is a listing of the complete income statement for 2 and/or 5 years, similar to the 2 year Family Summary. There currently is a statement summary but again it does not give the detail. Unlike the Joint Summary (long) which includes every possible line in the statement, I would want it to include only lines that are used.

That feature is included. Jump to T21255yearsummary.

When I look at the 5 year summary, I see total from self employment or farm but not the detail lines. I know that I can drill down and get the details but not two or more years of detail line by line. Could someone please show me how to do this without using excel. Excel is a great tool when there is no other way to get the information in the format we want it but using a spreadsheet should be the exception, not the rule.

Osiah - you need to go to T2125 5 Year Summary - there it is all broken down as entered.
F4 > T2125 > look down the list to find “T21255YearSummary”

Thank you, Debbie! I kept going to the list of summaries but found only the 5 year T1 summary. This is what I was looking for!