Child Expenses

So Why when I enter the child expenses on the T778 page is it showing up on the dad and the mom? This expense is for daycare and the dad has a higher income

Did you check your optimization settings?

It is difficult to tell from your post what you are trying to do(?)
Make sure only the eligible person is trying to make the claim.

CRA provides this information to the public:

Line 214 - Child care expenses

https://www.canada.ca/en/revenue-agency/services/tax/individuals/topics/about-your-tax-return/tax-return/completing-a-tax-return/deductions-credits-expenses/line-214-child-care-expenses.html

1 Like

what do you mean check the optimization? please

Thank you I figured out what you were talking about

Everything is good I called Tax Cycle people they helped me out. The wife’s income is very low so the husband got to claim her. So that caused him to get a bigger refund. Thank you for you help everyone

However it looks as though optimization doesn’t apply here. I answered in a hurry without checking if it applied.

1 Like

Click on F4 key in Optimize Select what you want to use from list

Bev

1 Like

I would like to say thank you to everyone for thier help. :grin:

Hey everyone, I’m going to pull the last few posts of this discussion.

Just a reminder that we want to keep this community a safe please to ask and answer questions. We’re all a bit tired at the end of the T1 season, so sometimes the questions may be unclear or incomplete, or the response appear harsh when it wasn’t meant that way. Let’s try to give people the benefit of the doubt.

Remember, if something is inappropriate or offensive, you can flag it. We are then notified to review these and deal with them.

Thank you all for contributing to this community.

3 Likes