Capital loss on TP-1 after moving to Quebec

Dear fellow tax professionals,

I do not deal with Quebec taxes a lot, and I know Quebec has its own rules on some things…

The question is with respect to capital loss carry forward after a client moved to Quebec.

Could a taxpayer claim capital losses incurred in a different province on the taxpayer’s TP-1 in the year they moved to Quebec? Any special rules around that? I am not aware of any restrictions, but I wanted to get some more comfort on that :stuck_out_tongue:

Thanks a lot in advance!


Harmonization between Canada and Quebec allows to carry forward to Quebec most amounts to the Quebec return. Example RRSP limits, capital losses, donations etc.

awesome, thank you for confirming!!