Canada Dental Benefit - Client Letter Snippet

Thanks to the folks in the background at TaxCycle (and @Elizabeth) for making a new “first ()” template condition code, I have written a snippet to include information about the Canada Dental Benefit into any letter you are sending out. I’m attaching it here, but for those of you who don’t want to download from the internet the code is:

{{# first(Dependant, Identification.AgeOnDec31 < 12)}} {{#(CurrentClient.T12YearComparativeSummary.TaxableIncome.PriorYear + CurrentSpouse.T12YearComparativeSummary.TaxableIncome.PriorYear)<90000}}
Canada Dental Benefit
The interim Canada Dental Benefit is for families earning less than $90,000 per year, and based on the family {{ Constants.PriorTaxationYear }} income your family may be eligible. The parent or guardian who is receiving the Canada Child Benefit can apply if the child receiving dental care is under 12 years old and does not have access to a private dental insurance plan.
Depending on the adjusted family net income, a tax-free payment of $260, $390, or $650 is available for each eligible child. The first benefit period is for children under 12 years old as of December 1, 2022 who receive dental care between October 1, 2022 and June 30, 2023. Details on how to apply are available here:
https://www.canada.ca/en/revenue-agency/services/child-family-benefits/dental-benefit/how-apply.html
{{/ first(Dependant, Identification.AgeOnDec31 < 12) }}{{/(CurrentClient.T12YearComparativeSummary.TaxableIncome.PriorYear + CurrentSpouse.T12YearComparativeSummary.TaxableIncome.PriorYear)<90000}}

Enjoy!

T1TY2022;T1TY2021.Dental.taxcycletemplate (3.6 KB)

You’re welcome. @Andrew is the person behind the scenes who got the new function to work for us. :smiley:

1 Like

Thank you @andrew!

Thanks @jglass . How do get this template into my program?

Question for everyone… Do you want content like this in our built-in client letter?

Second, for @jglass, if we decide to add it, do you mind if I use your text as the starting point to put the content in there.

1 Like

i Have already added it to the cletter and jletter as a snippet i hope @iglass is ok with that

1 Like

Feel free!

If you are downloading the file just save it to your TaxCycle template folder. The next time you open the editor it will be there.

If you don’t want to download you need to make a new template, copy the above into it, and then set the properties as “snippet”, make it available in the T1 module and name it something (I suggest “Dental”)

In either case add {{<Dental}} to the letter that you want the paragraph in.

Or copy the above directly into the letter.

1 Like

That what i did

1 Like