Letter to client from Canada post, re : Disability premiums

Anyone one else here encounter this Canada Post Letter?

"The premiums paid from the time you became a member of the disability income protection program may be deducted from your personal tax return. For the period 1996/09/30 to 2019/05/14, you paid $19063.27 in premiums.
1996=$73.69 1997=$150.54…continues right up to 2019=$469.44
Pursuant to the Income tax Application rules for Canada, please attach this letter to your tax return.

If you have any questions on how the amount was calculated, contact AccessHr…however, if you have any questions on how to apply the amount to your tax return we encourage you to consult with a tax professional or contact the Canada Revenue Agency."

I did call CRA but the current wait time is 45 to 60 mins…so I was hoping that someone here would have encountered such a case…Is it only the annual amounts that I can use per year as medical expense…or is it an income deduction…

Thanks again:-)

A question I would ask the client is: are they on income replacement or disabilityfrom a group plan right now? If they are, and they paid all or part of the premiums, they would be able to claim that against the disability income from the plan. I can’t remember where you enter it, but check that out.