Business Number formating in templates

This was asked about in 2015, but I cannot seem to track down the solution. I would like to format my business numbers in custom client letters to the format 123456789RC0001, I apologize if there is a solution on here and I didn’t look hard enough, but this has been making me crazy.

Use format() in the template, and make sure the field code you use ends with “Field”.

Thanks Cameron!

@berni If you get stuck again, I try and track all these kinds of small code requests on this page: https://www.taxcycle.com/Documentation/Templates/Template-code/Code-reference
You may need to find in the page, but you’ll see a section on business number formatting.

For anyone else looking at this topic, this is the way you need to enter the code:

{{ format(CurrentClient.Info.ID.BusinessNumberField) }}

Thanks Elizabeth – I really appreciate you taking the time to send this to me.

Bernadette

We are proud to have been providing personal and corporate income tax services for over 20 years!

Regular Hours

Monday to Friday 8:00 am to 5:00 pm

1 Like

What if I want to get it to show the business number as the GST number (RT0001) instead of RC0001??

I’m using a template to provide remittance details for all the tax accounts, and need the RT number to show up.

Is there a way to get just the 9 digit business number without the trailing 000 so I can just add RT0001 to my template after the field code??

1 Like

I never got a reply on this question… is it possible to get it to only have the 9 digit BN into the templates and not have the trailing 0001?

{{ format(CurrentClient.Info.ID.BusinessNumber, “9999 9999”) }}