Bug Report: T1 - EFileWS Form: Line 5026(0) Always $0.00

Line 50260 (5026 in older years) (Employment Insurance deductions at Line 31200)
seems to always report $0.00 in all my clients and in multiple years.
The NOA reports it correctly matching what is reported on Line 31200.
Any ideas what’s going on? Is this a bug in the program code?
I’m running the most current Release: 11.2.47721.0

Are you using AFR?

It doesn’t matter how the T4 data is entered, manually or AFR.
Line 50260 is not populated.

Yes, mine shows zero too.

This is a guess: lines 50260 to 50290 are relevant only to taxpayers who worked in Quebec and contributed to Quebec’s provincial parental insurance plan (PPIP). My understanding is that federal EI premiums are reduced to reflect the separate PPIP premiums. EI and PPIP premiums are both claimed on line 31200, but must be separated to calculate any overpayment of EI.

Line 50260 will only calculate when the client is not a resident of Québec but did have employment income earned in Québec on which they paid QPIP, box 55 on the T4.

The confusion likely stems from the fact the CRA completes the line on assessment?

Indeed, Arliss, that is exactly why I flagged this. My client base is in Manitoba. I don’t do any Quebec returns or process any Quebec slips. So it’s one thing to say that the line is left blank if the client has employment income from Quebec, but then shouldn’t CRA’s Assessments also show this line as blank if that was the case? The deacrepancy doesn’t make sense to me because the Assessments all come back with this line being populated.