Template Editor - Formatting

Is it possible to format text brought in by way of a field code? For example, I am bringing in a set of initials into my template, but I want them to always show as lowercase even if they are entered uppercase.

Another question:

I’m using a table to set up an invoice format and I want to put some underlines beneath the amounts that are to be totalled. The table is 2 columns, 1 column with the description and 1 column with the amount. I thought about using the table border to do this, but Tax Cycle wants to put the border across the entire table, I ONLY want it underneath of the amount column.

Does anyone know of a way to do this, or another workaround? I still haven’t figured out the answer to my first question either.

Not sure, myself, but I think @Elizabeth may be able to help you - she’s the expert on the template editor.

I’m not aware of any way to do what you describe with your first question. @Cameron Is there something to help with this?

Blockquote
For example, I am bringing in a set of initials into my template, but I want them to always show as lowercase even if they are entered uppercase.

I want to put some underlines beneath the amounts that are to be totalled. The table is 2 columns, 1 column with the description and 1 column with the amount. I thought about using the table border to do this, but Tax Cycle wants to put the border across the entire table, I ONLY want it underneath of the amount column.

Looks like you can’t make this work in the editor when I tried it today. So, I cheat and edit the HTML and CSS in the source of the template when it comes to creating detailed formatting for our built-in templates. If you change the file extension to .html, the files can be edited in any HTML/CSS tool and even viewed in a browser. That is a whole other skill set though… If you want, once you are happy with the rest of your invoice template send it to info@taxcycle.com, and I can take a look. I think I can make it work for you if I look at the code. Make sure you mention that you want me to look

1 Like

That would be amazing! I may take you up on that. Thanks Elizabeth.