T3010 Efile

Do I understand correctly that T3010 can now be efiled? Is there something I have to change in the settings in the program?

The CRA has not provided software developer’s a filing specification/web service to file the return electronically - they have created a way to file it using their own internal service on “My Business Account”. When utilizing TaxCycle it will have to be paper filed.

~ Rob

Gotta love CRA…

They continue to treat accountants and tax preparers as the enemy…

I was mistaken, the date was as of June 1, 2019, and the so-called ‘E-File’ is entering the data in My Business Account.

I spoke to the Charities Branch this morning and gave my opinion that the online filing (which is clearly not E-Filing) was broken before it was made available. Tried it for our local church and printed off the web pages for the treasurer’s review.

I assume in this version has the preparer simply submits the document. No signature of charity representative is required.

I had printed out the signature page of the pdf version in addition to the engagement letter.
But as both the treasurer and I were not impressed with this option, I am back to using the software.

From CRA’s site [https://www.canada.ca/en/revenue-agency/services/charities-giving/charities/guidance-videos-forms/champ.html ]

Charities IT Modernization Project (CHAMP)

To reduce the administrative burden on charities, the Canada Revenue Agency (CRA) is modernizing its Information Technology (IT) systems to provide new digital service options.

In June 2019, the Charities Directorate will make several digital services available as part of this initiative:

• Form T2050, Application to Register a Charity under the Income Tax Act, will be replaced by a new online application for registration.
  • Registered charities will be able to complete and file their T3010 Registered Charity Information Return online through CRA’s My Business Account.
  • Charities will be able to update their organization’s information online and correspond with the Directorate electronically through My Business Account.

We have postponed the digital services launch until June 1, 2019. This will give us additional time to complete the development and testing of the new digital services, as well as help you prepare for the upcoming changes.

NOTE: It does not look like they are even planning for e-filing T3010. :confused: :disappointed_relieved: :-1:

“Efile” a T-3010. As I explained to a client…sure, you can log onto MyBA and copy and paste from the PDF I gave you. Otherwise, do what you always have done: mail it in.

My guess: they thought they were farther along than proved to be the case and just let it go…