T1OVP - electronic transmission?

Super dumb question here…my client is late filing her 2022 T1 and she had a really large RRSP overcontribution. I’ve completed the T1OVP along with her T1. Normally I pdf the T1OVP and send it to the client in March as it’s due March 31 but as it’s just getting done now with the T1 I just wanted to double check that when I transmit the T1 via Taxcycle it will also sent the T1OVP. I don’t need to print it and mail it separately, correct?

The T1OVP is not electronically transmitted. This needs to be paper filed with the relevant tax office.

3 posts were split to a new topic: For profit to non profit

Thanks Sarka.

Is there a list somewhere of what forms get transmitted vs. which ones need to be mailed?

There is no list currently.
Usually, the instructions on the form would include a note about how it should be filed with CRA. I see the T1-OVP has this sentence near the top of page 1:
“If your 2023 unused RRSP contributions are subject to tax, you have to complete and send this return with your payment to your tax centre no later than 90 days after the end of the tax year.”

For some forms that must be mailed, we have added a Review message to that effect to make that requirement more evident. I will add such a message in our next release.

1 Like

No, but you can now use RAC to upload it to the client’s CRA file through Submit Documents portal :slight_smile:

Hi there, which category do you use when submitting T1OVP through client portal? Thank you

Sorry for the delayed response. Got the flu during the last week of tax season, woo! It’s under the pensions/savings plans, and then RRSP and then you’ll see T1OVP listed.

1 Like