Printing full code from a template

Is there a way to print the contents of the Template editor pane (not the preview), so that the entire code of the template is printed out (or sent to PDF) and has the same line breaks and formatting as the screen.

I would find this handy when I want to compare two templates. For example, I want to compare the built in template for the client letter with the 2015 version that we customizes. Printing out the preview for one client will not include all areas of the template, and I have not found a way to open two instances of the template editor so that I can compare them on screen.

I am hoping for a printout of the code that looks like what I see on screen rather than what I get when I copy and paste the code to notepad.

Take the template, and change the extension to HTML, if I recall…

When I wanted to do exactly that, I just copied the entire template (CTRL+A then CTRL+C) and pasted it in a blank Word document. You could in theory then print to PDF if you wanted.

Thanks @BertMulderCGA. That workaround worked for me. I still think it would be nice to be able to print from coding window. Sometimes my old brain needs to see it on paper to find coding errors and it would be nice to not have to go through the extra steps.