Print to PDF Showing TickMarks

I’m trying to create a print set that prints review pages to a PDF saved in the client’s folder. I checked the “Print as appears on screen” in the setup box but this doesn’t print the checkmarks. Is there a way to have those appear in the PDF so historically I can look back and see that it was reviewed?

The setting to “Print as appears on screen” is to print sections of the form where we have created a “Screen Only” view or section within an official form to facilitate calculations. It does not include the tick marks as you have noted. These are only visible when you open the file in TaxCycle.

Interestingly, this has been on my list of things to do since we launched TaxCycle almost 10 years ago.

It’s never made it to the top of the pile because no customer has asked until now.

Out of curiosity, are there other preparers that would like to print with the tick marks showing?

3 Likes

not only the tickmarks, but also memos and tapes in place

2 Likes

Yes …Would also like to have the text Highlight feature in the CLetter edit mode so that the clients’ attention can be drawn to the relevant areas and filing instructions . Can a “sign here” flag also be incorporated into the Correspondence and cra forms such as the T183 , authorization and other forms that need signatures?

image001.png

• |

Regards,

Bert van Delft CPA, CA | 98 Scarboro Beach Blvd. Toronto Ontario M4E2X1 | C: 416.270.9898 f 1.877.335.5064

Along the same lines. I use the prepare forms list as a checklist (sidebar). I would like the option to right click to remove all ticks especially on a file carried forward.

" Can a “sign here” flag also be incorporated into the Correspondence and cra forms such as the T183 , authorization and other forms that need signatures?"

I seem to recall a lawyer at a seminar and/or Public practice insurer at some point advising against that, something about liability attaching and unauthorized practice of law.

Lawyers in public practice do that, but personally I stay well away from it…

When the signed documents come back, I check to see if they are correctly signed.

Along the same lines. I use the prepare forms list as a checklist (sidebar). I would like the option to right click to remove all ticks especially on a file carried forward. <<

Try turning this off…

2 Likes

Thank you @Cameron I must have missed that option.