TaxCycle | Products | Pricing | Training | Documentation | Support | News

Jackpot Money

One of my clients wins a jackpot at the casino in the USA. As per my knowledge, the lottery money is not taxable in Canada, As this is from the USA,
1.) Does he need to report it on his T1?
2.) if yes, on which line this should be reported?
Thanks in advance.

It will not be taxable in Canada, despite being taxable in the US, unless gambling is your client’s business.