Foreign pension income with foreign tax and pension splitting

A client with German pension income has been assessed German taxes for 5 years back…

Thus, am doing adjustments to his and her Canadian returns.

They are splitting this pension income, and as such are also allowed to split the foreign tax for the purpose of the foreign tax credit.

This however is a manual entry on form FTC and thus ends up as a dog chasing its tail. Every time you change the FTC schedule, the optimization has to change…

What will it take to change the program, and if it can be done soon, how soon?

1 Like

Hi Bert,

We are reviewing the FTC calculation for our January release…we will include the adjustment for the item you mentioned in that release.

~ Rob

1 Like

Hi, this is NB to me for a new client’s estate, in that they have previously paid a German agent to
file their taxes in the past, but the principal taxpayer Husband has passed away, Widow wonders
what her necessary requirements to file future returns, and what is their past filing going to help>

@Rob

Has this been done?

Thanks

Hi Bert,

We have it on the list of items for our main T1 developer; due to the complexity of changes we would have to do it will not likely make our upcoming Efile release. We have not forgotten about it - I will update this thread when we do have it resolved.

~ Rob

1 Like

Would really appreciate having this fixed. It’s two months since Bert brought this up.

I am still waiting as well, for the German widow who is anxiously awaiting - she is 94 and fading

1 Like

I wanted to provide an update to everyone on this, unfortunately due to the complexity of the change to the FTC calculation - we are going to try to get this in for a release after the end of April.

~ Rob