Do Notes get Efiled with T3 return for 2023 T3

Does anybody know if the Notes in T3 Tax Cycle get electronically filed along with the T3 return for 2023 T3 returns in Tax Cycle? For example, we use Notes to indicate shareholdings, etc… t would be good if they did because this is efficient. (If this is not the case, can Tax Cycle please update their software to do so for future versions.)

This may not be a TaxCylce option. CRA may not be set up to accept notes from the software.

I use notes that I DON’T want to go to CRA.
I used another software in the past that had two separate sets of notes. Private Notes and Notes to CRA. That might be a way to do it.

Presently there is no mechanism provided by the CRA to send T3 Notes via EFILE or an auxiliary filing service from within TaxCycle. This has been something we’ve expressed as a requested service from clients and we’ll continue to mention it when we meet with the CRA.

~ Rob

Just make sure we know which Notes get sent to CRA. I’m like @Rein. There are a lot of notes I don’t want shared with CRA!

CRA shouldn’t be getting anything other than the applicable return and any requested docs at their discretion thereafter. The only “notes” that CRA should ever be receiving when filing a return are the GIFI notes, that are only really applicable to a review, or public company T2.

Absolutely, if and when they decide to enable a service we would let users know which notes would be transmitted.

~ Rob

1 Like