Client Manager 2023

I believe DocuSign is one of the most expensive e-signature providers out there. I asked them if they store their data in Canada to which they said “yes” but it would cost $1,500 per year. Its like they want their Canadian customers to leave them. That is when I closed my account with them and moved to SignNow. Not only do they provide e-signature services but they also have an option for CRM software. They’re a company that clearly understands the privacy laws in Canada. I’d recommend you call one of their customer representative and get a good package with them.

2 Likes

thank you for the information. after researching i totally understand that a canadian company is better choice because of our privacy regulations etc.
i will check out SignNow

I am using Client Track this year. I discontinued e-Courier. Client Track signatures seems to work.

Do you use client track and client track portal?

Just starting to use Portal. It will not be quite as smooth as e-courier was for the signature part but it is less expensive and will work well for secure document transfers. I have had Client Trac for some time but need to use it more so I don’t miss deadlines.

thank you and hoping client track integration into tax season will be effortless

I use RightSignature. I have a (I think) Pro subscription which also includes the portal. I’ve linked this to my CSM package, with a PDP script to trigger appropriate notifications for pick up.

RightSignature and the portal, ShareFile, are international meaning that they host in various countries, including Canada, Asia (countries) and European (countries.)

1 Like

They don’t say anything on their site (that I can find) about quantities of signatures/emails/whatever. Hard to know how it fits with the weird volumes that we get (high in April and June…moderate the remainder of year). Any experience with that?

They have a disclaimer on their website where they state that the “Business, Business Premium, and Enterprise plans come with 100 signature invites per user per year.”

I’ve spoken to the customer service representative about this where I mentioned that my firm requires more than 100 signatures per year. They said that as long as the envelope usage is not more than 100 documents per month, it should not cause any issues. I have yet to see about it.

1 Like

Thanks GWPG!!! I may just opt to give them a tryout.

I have been using client track for many years for the client management.

I love the portal and how easy it is for client to send encrypted doc with the click of a link and no account to set up. I wish TaxFolder would do this.

I do use it a bit to send client docs, and have it integrated with Outlook. It’s okay.

I also use TaxFolder exclusively for signatures since its integrated with TaxCycle and seamless.

thank you
i just purchased client track and client track portal

I’ve been using SignNow for 2 years. I had the same question when I signed up, and they have been true to their word. I use the service to obtain 600-700 signatures per year; 400-500 between March 1 and April 30. No problems. System works well, and there have been several improvements/features added over the last year.

Only complaint is the limited date formats - they have no “year-month-day” format (needed for most CRA forms). But, CRA hasn’t complained yet, even with paper forms mailed to them, which were signed electronically.

1 Like

I am with you on the date format. If you have time use the SignNow chat feature and ask for a feature request. I did but no progress so far.

We use TPS Software. It integrates with Outlook, has a Client Portal, Payment Service provider options and is currently working on integrating with Adobe sign. Headquarters are in Vancouver, BC

Hi,
I used DocuSign this tax season and I just exceeded my 100 envelopes. I was floored that they count corrections or voided envelopes as 1(just crazy) but I have seen a few people say they use SignNow and I just looked over their website so is thier a limit on how many you can send? Also can we still send for signature thier the tax program? Or will we have to manually add the date and time for the signature? I am looking ahead at what I will use for next tax season

SignNow imposes no hard limit on the number of documents or deliveries, etc. But, with the basic package ($8USD/month) they expect you to do no more than about 100 per month - averaged over the year (so about 1200 per year). I am now doing about 600 documents during tax season and maybe another 200 throughout the rest of the year. No complaints.

However, SignNow is not integrated with TaxCycle. You have to save the PDF from TaxCycle, upload it to the SignNow website (which is drag and drop, so quite easy), then apply the signature and date fields manually to every document.

I’ve been asking them to develop a template system so that you can upload your document (i.e. a T183) and apply the appropriate fields in one click (i.e. that it would remember a set of fields, with field sizes and positions) but they haven’t been able to do that.

You can set up templates in SignNow, but that means creating the entire document on the website, supposedly with fields that can be imported from your own document. I haven’t tried setting that up, but I don’t think it makes sense when we have the entire form filled and printed from TaxCycle, only needing a signature.

1 Like

Client track signature has ability to create a template to insert date,time, signature fields… have one for t183, pension transfer, etc

Rachel Parlee
(506) 874-3093

So, you don’t have to create a copy of the T183 within ClientTrack? Just import the PDF from TaxCycle (that already has all the client info)? Nice! How do you set the field placement? Relative to the top and left edges of the page? Or does it find specific text on the PDF (like “signature”) and automatically place the field there?

Hi,
usually I save the PDF to be signed to a temp folder. Send email to client from Outlook ( using the Client track add in… I am prompted to attach documents or signature documents. Once in the Signature mode, Client track offers me the ability to drag and drop … signature location, date and time stamp… I can then save that as a template.
Next time I am forwarding that "type of form to any client(after I have attached their form), I simply click on load template and it loads the places in which the client needs to sign and where the date stamp will be placed. It is one click to set it up.

Yes, it is different, if we are talking multiple years in which CRA changed the placement but still very efficient.