CCA on AT1

The interaction between AT1 Schedule 13 and the Rental Schedule does not appear to be acting the way we would anticipate it would.

On the Rental schedule, in the AT1 section, if we select No in the Claim a different amount section, it shows that the maximum available CCA is being claimed and shows the correct net rental income.

However, when we go to AT1 Schedule 13, there is no amount being claimed.

If we say Yes to claiming a different amount and enter the number we want, it flows through to AT1 Schedule 13 where we expect to see the number, but does not actually enter the amount in Box 027 and does not reduce the income on the AT1.

The only way we can make it work the way it should is to enter the amount we want (override the zero) in the box that says claim the maximum CCA on rental assets.

Hi Matthew,

Thank you for reporting this to us. I created a test file and forwarded it to our engineer to fix this.
Few months ago, we added only the federal T2 optimization but not the same for AT1. AT1 optimization will be coming.

It seems that when we added the federal T2 optimization, we seemed to have affected AT1 CCA rental calc.
When the fix is in, the maximum allowable rental CCA (per Reg 1100(11)) will be claimed for AT1 rental.
My apologies for any inconvenience this may cause.

If you have any other question, please let me know.

Have a great weekend.

Steven

1 Like