Caseware / Jazzit

I need your views on Caseware with Jazzit addon. I currently use an old version of Caseware (from CGA days) on my desktop. I need to update Caseware it’s a few years behind. Do you you use Caseware ASPE or PEG Compilations Templates? Or you use Jazzit add on templates instead? I prepare Compilations engagements. I need to make a final decision as soon as possible and would appreciate your views.

I would recommend keeping CaseWare current and using JazzIt.
Once you have JazzIt set up, it will save you approx 20-40% time per engagement.
You don’t need to implement every feature at once as it can be a bit overwhelming but PP&E and long term debt, capital leases become a breeze, not to mention letters

Dan Chun, CPA, CGA

Partner, Business Advisor

DIRECT 778.313.1703
PH. 250.763.8919
TOLL FREE 1.877.766.9735
600 - 1628 Dickson Avenue
Kelowna, BC
V1Y 9X1
dan.chun@mnp.ca
mnp.ca

Client File Upload

|

|

• | - |

This email and any accompanying attachments contain confidential information intended only for the individual or entity named above. Any dissemination or action taken in reliance on this email or attachments by anyone other than the intended recipient is strictly prohibited. If you believe you have received this message in error, please delete it and contact the sender by return email. In compliance with Canada’s Anti-spam legislation (CASL), if you do not wish to receive further electronic communications from MNP, please reply to this email with “REMOVE ME” in the subject line.

I have used Caseware with Jazz-It add on for 17 years. I use Caseware PEG templates and Jazz-It for financial statements only. Wouldn’t change my setup. Just my opinion and what I am used to.

If I recall correctly, the latest Jazzit templates are compatible with Caseware 2019 and newer. But, I think Mike said (in the last Jazzit with Java webinar) that they weren’t going to support Caseware 2019 anymore. I don’t think you can get an “old” version of Jazzit unless you know a Jazzit customer who has not kept it updated. So, yes - if you move to Jazzit, you will have to upgrade Caseware.

We’ve been using Jazzit for five years now and highly recommend it. We are also a compilation only firm, and it has made our switch to CRSR 4200 seamless. From a working paper stand point, we’ve come to really enjoy working with their investment tracker, prepaid, capital assets, accrual and loan working papers.

Thanks everyone for your responses.

Indira