Question… Has anyone heard if the application for Wage Subsidy through My Account can be done through Represent a Client Portal… will we be given the ability to help our clients?
No you can’t apply for any through RAC. The client has to apply on his/her own “My Account” or by phone.
As @taxwave mentioned, you will not be able to apply for the Emergency Wage Subsidy through RAC.
It seems for businesses who do not have CRA My Business Account access, they are working on a stand alone web based application.
Does anyone know what the application process LOOKS like? I have several clients asking me to help them walk through the process, but before I do that I’d like to know what it looks like. Up to now I haven’t had any employees myself, so my “My Business Account” shows nothing about the CEWS. Per CRA:
" How to Apply
Eligible employers will be able to apply for the CEWS through the Canada Revenue Agency’s My Business Account portal."
My business doesn’t qualify, so I guess that’s why I have no link to the CEWS?
There is no CEWS process yet because there is no application available yet.
We are advising clients to prepare by making sure they are registered for My Business Account, having their Sales data for March, April, May 2019 as well as January and February 2020 available, and having their payroll records for the qualifying periods arranged in a fashion that will facilitate the calculation.
Other than that… wait
My business qualifies and there does not appear to be any link on my business account yet.
Good news! It looks like it will be available through RAC:
Canada Emergency Wage Subsidy (CEWS)
- Who is an eligible employer: Canada Emergency Wage Subsidy (CEWS)
- Determine your eligible employees: Canada Emergency Wage Subsidy (CEWS)
- Calculate your subsidy amount: Canada Emergency Wage Subsidy (CEWS)
- How to apply: Canada Emergency Wage Subsidy (CEWS)
- Contact the CRA: Canada Emergency Wage Subsidy (CEWS)
How to apply
Beginning April 27, applications will be open for the Canada Emergency Wage Subsidy.
- Most businesses may apply using My Business Account
- If you represent a business, you may apply using Represent a Client
- Alternatively, you may apply using a separate online application form (available April 27)
The CEWS will be processed at the payroll program (RP) account level, so you will have to file a separate application for each RP account.
More of these programs should have been set up this way. We get to coach our clients on how to set up My Account, then to do the application. It is good that someone finally recognized this.
Woo hoo! Thanks for sharing @rachel