T3 carry forward 2025 return to create a 2026 T3

I have a T3 for a GRE which has a January 23, 2025 year-end that I want to carry forward to create the 2026 T3 but the menu selection is greyed out and I cannot select carry forward. Is there a work around or do I just set up a new return using the 2025 software and re-enter all my data.

In a similar situation, I used “Save As” to create a copy of the 2025 T3. Make sure you delete all the 2025 income and deductions (and other 2025 info you may have to delete). Then change the year-end and any other data.

1 Like

We also plan on releasing the 2026 version of T3 later in May, thats when we typically roll forward the module, but of course you can leverage the 2025 in the mean time as Kevin and Bert have mentioned.

1 Like

“Go to the ‘data’ tab, and select ‘create a T3 stub period return’”

Would strongly suggest using the stub method I suggested, as that will that have the 2025 regular year end data in the history, and is using the program as designed.

@Cameron would suggest you make this choice more obvious.

2 Likes

Thank you for your tip..much appreciated!