S6 gain not flowing through to S1

When I enter a proceeds of disposition amount on S6 for shares and leave the ACB as NIL the amount does not flow through to S1. If I enter $1 in the ACB column it flows through fine.

@jriley

Thank you for reporting the issue to us. In the optimization form, when optimization 2 or 3 is selected, the amount H in Part 8 of Schedule 6 doesn’t update right away. We recently made some changes to the order of various line calculations in Schedule 1. We think that’s when the issue was inadvertently created. We have fixed the issue which will be in the next release coming up (we are trying hard to release today!). If not today, it will be early next week.

If the issue is different from how I described it, let us know so we can investigate further right away.

Thank you for your patience and I apologize for any inconvenience this may cause you.

Steven

Thanks Steven but I don’t think that’s the whole issue.
If I have optimization 1 selected and I enter an amount in column 5 (Proceeds) in Part 1 of S6 and do not enter an amount in column 6 (ACB) it does not complete Part 8 Line H or carry to S1. I have to enter an amount in column 6 for it to go to either area. I’ve since noticed that if I then remove the $1 amount from column 6 (ACB) it changes the gain amount in Part 1 but not Part 8 or S1.
I hope that’s clear enough. I haven’t tested every which way but the gain initially goes nowhere unless I have an amount in column 6 (ACB)

@jriley

Thanks for the follow up post. Now I see what is going on. Yes, the bug you are describing was the one we tried to fix previously which created a new bug that I described in my original post.

The version that’s available for download on our website was posted on Nov 4. That version fixed the issue you described (when optimization 1 selected) but that fix inadvertently created a new bug (when optimization 2 or 3 is selected). I am so sorry. We screwed up. Good news is that the next release (today or early next week) will fix the issue.

Again, my apologies. If you have any other question, please let me know.

Steven

1 Like