Profile vs TaxCycle

I upload T183 or Auths to SharePoint. Client gets an email link, prints, wet signs, scans or photos back to me. Wet signature as scanned is acceptable. Cheap like borscht because SP comes with my O365 subscription anyway.

I wouldn’t mind something less onerous on clients (mostly the printing for the few “personal” clients I still have that aren’t also business clients). I’m not willing to spend a ton though as it just isn’t a big deal to me for the volume of T1s I still do. The T2s are much less of an issue even though the volume is higher - pretty much all the businesses have printers and scanners. Integration with TC would be “nice”, but again, I’m not willing to spend a ton on it for the minor amount of convenience.

1 Like

@Nezzer I like PandaDoc - works very well and the free option looks like it will get the job done! Security looks strong as well. (side note I tested PandaDoc this morning and there is an option for the signer to DRAW their signature/initial)

@kozakworld Sync.com being Canadian owned with servers located in Canada gives me added peace of mind. I have signed up! Thank you for mentioning this option.
I’m considering using this as my portal for the next tax season to receive tax slips/documents from clients and send them PDFs of their tax returns.

Historically, I have uploaded T183’s to a secure portal. Clients would then download the document and digitally sign it on their end or print/sign/scan and upload it back - a bit of a hassle for the client.
Moving forward I would like to send the T183’s through something like PandaDoc which has strong security and the client can very easily view and sign (similar to DocuSign).

@SmallBizGuy I will checkout SharePoint thank you for mentioning this!

Lastly, I will be giving Taxcycle, Cantax, and Profile a test run shortly and making a decision.

This community is amazing!!

I myself used the E-courier electronic signature solution last year and it is really quite unique and faster, not free but not excessive.

Welcome @healthymanccc! I officially switched over to Taxcyle last year and don’t regret it. I am not very techy but find the support here on this forum as well as the excellent free webinars provided invaluable.

Thanks everyone for sharing your thoughts on electronic signatures and filing sharing. I am currently using Verifyle. It’s free for CPAs for one year and my clients really like it. The signature is the typed kind for now but 2FA is an option. When I called the EFILE helpdesk, I was not made aware of any requirement for the drawn. I guess we wait and see for more guidance from CRA.

I am wondering is this still the system you use? I gave the free plan on sync.com a chance, however, it only allows free users to share 3 folders. I require much more than that and I see that MS One allows a 5GB free option which is plenty for regular tax documents and the ability to share as many folders as you like. I feel that Microsoft security is good but I would to check back in with you/others to see your/their thoughts on using this as my main document sharing system for the upcoming tax season.

PS the fee for sync.com is not outrageous but why pay for it when/if MS one drive does just as good of a job.

Ditto for me essentially, using Office 365 and SharePoint folders which have all the access security required. Reasonably easy to set up and easy for clients to browse to / upload / download from. Now, if only they’d integrate a document-signing solution…maybe Adobe Sign which apparently works?

Given that I’m already paying for my Office apps, the rest is a freebie.

1 Like

I had been using Dropbox & OneDrive and have moved over to SYNC.COM. Canadian company and some of the fine print allows me to feel much more secure with document sharing for tax and bookkeeping clients. No cost to the client. Just over $100/year

1 Like

Yes, but to be clear, I don’t have many clients that want to upload their source documents. In my community, most clients still drop off paper records. Those that are willing to scan or generate their own electronic documents often decline my offer to set up a OneDrive link for them. Some clients just ignore me and send via email anyway.

1 Like

Profile could give me free software and pay me to use it and I would not switch back to profile. Every time I have to complete a pre 2012 return I just cringe thankfully, now that we have hit 2022, I do not think i will need to use Profile any longer.

1 Like

they need to completely rewrite the software and innovate it so it is modern, fast and doesn’t crash or cause errors